2010年12月23日星期四

descent of this replica Concord watches treacherous stretch of the Nile river

It took another 130 years for the 50 miles of the Nile between these two landmarks to be successfully navigated. Over 10 harrowing days, Cam McClay and a team of White Nile rafting pioneers floated, portaged, and lined their way down the river, facing massive rapids and abundant wildlife.Hendri was a member of the second descent of this replica Concord watches treacherous stretch of the Nile river. Like on many second descents, the team ran more of the river in about half the time. But like the first descent, there were too many hippo and croc encounters for real comfort.

Singletrack appears on the right. Damn-yeah! I accelerate and pass a few more before bombing down the Euro rock garden and catching my partner on the descent. The race continues with out-of-my-head, pass-some-leader-jersey climbing (super senior, I think), culminating in a truly exciting sprint finish... which we of course lost. Best finish in two year’s of TransAlp stages, and probably my best day ever on a mountain replica Jaeger LeCoultre watches bike. “Who am I today?” I wonder. And then the inevitable swagger “Shit... I was fast.”So what happened there? Did I just wake up fast, never to have it happen again? Was there Epo in those Euro lagers I had last night?

Unlike nearly everyone else who has attempted this river, Hendri was hooked, and returned to Uganda specifically to run his river as much as possible. In total, there have been nine known descents of this section of the White Nile River and replica Bvlgari watches Hendri has led five of them, including the only solo descent. In 2004, when Hendri first ran the stretch that he affectionately calls Murch, crocs, hippos, and class V were not the only objective hazards.

没有评论:

发表评论